We Democrats were cheated out of our victory in 2000 and it may happen again, God forbid. I think it imperative that some of the wrongs of the Bush Administration be asserted and that voters have more facts than the press and media are willing to give them. I will list here some major wrongs for consideration by those who are still undecided, or even for those who are still open-minded. All of the points I will make are documented elsewhere and if anyone wants the sources, I will be glad to provide them. Of course, most of these points will be readily recognized.
1. Bush is a major flip-flopper.
2. He has a "don't blame me" attitude.
3. His actions of pre-emption and human rights betray our Constitution and our Founding Fathers.
4. He pandered to the Pope for political gain.
5. He suppresses the vote, or his supporters do.
6. He uses nepotism in his appointments, as in appointing Colin Powell's son to a major position.
7. He trades with one-party Communist regimes like China and Vietnam but shuns Cuba.
8. He jokes about wishing America were a dictatorship because he feels it would be easier to govern.
9. He has assumed vast new powers for himself for internal repression and innocent people are being arrested for 0.
10. Poverty has climbed in the US for the third straight year.
11. He does not put humanity first in his budgets or other decisions.
12. Jokes about Weapons of Mass Destruction as if they were a laughing matter.
13. He is opportunistic in all of his dealings.
14. Skips funerals of our heroes killed in Iraq but probably will try to reinstate the draft.
15. He has a lack of curiosity which reflects ingorance.
16. Acts out things he does not truly feel, but apparently did not act out his Air National Guard duty fully.
17. Claims progress in Iraq when our forces have undergone 2,368 attacks in the past 30 days.
18. Did not win the popular vote in 2000 but acts as if he were given a huge mandate.
19. Most polarizing President of recent times-even though he claims to be a uniter, not a divider.
20. His deficits threaten the world economy, and the US economy.
21. Misspending military dollars but cannot ever admit a mistake that he has made.
22. Weak labor market causes second year of job losses.
23. A record deficit while trading away jobs and there is a rise in uninsured Americans.
24. His tax cuts hurt schools and force local tax raises.
25. Foreclosures set record highs.
26. Over 3 million people added to ranks of unemployed.
27. Many schools are having to make big cuts to offset budget shortfalls.
28. Over 1,000 soldiers killed in Iraq.
29. Over 7,000 wounded American soldiers, and over 12,000 killed Iraqis, although many claim the number of dead Iraqis is much higher, all dead based on false intelligence of which Bush was warned repeatedly. Children and women are starving in Iraq today, and being killed in the streets.
30. And, finally, passes himself off as a Texan and a Southerner when, in reality, he was born a yankee.
These are just some of the failed and failing deeds of President Bush, and he does not seem to have a clue. I do hope those who are still wondering how to vote will look closely at all of his actions and realize that his incompetence is dangerous and that if he is elected, things will go in a much undesired path with a reinstated draft, incursions into other countries, and more dead Americans.
Mildred Perry Miller