Bryan, Robert J. "Bob," Sr.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Robert J. “Bob” Bryan Sr., 88, of Chattanooga, died Monday, Feb. 12, 2007, at his home.

Mr. Bryan had lived in Chattanooga since 1954. He was the vice president of Brock & Blevins Company for 20 years. He was a veteran of World War II serving as a pilot in the Army Air Corps. Mr. Bryan was a graduate of the University of Wisconsin at Madison where he received his degree as a chemical engineer.

He was preceded in death by his wife of 33 years, Amy Jean Bryan; a brother, John Nelson Bryan; and a sister, Joyce Erickson. He was greatly loved and will be missed by all who knew him.

He is survived by his four sons, Robert J. Bryan Jr., of Chattanooga, Jack R. Shackleford, of Long Branch, N.J., Roger L. Shackleford, of Whitwell, and Jon Shackleford, of Nashville; three daughters, Jane Parrish, of Nashville, Betty A. Bryan, of Chattanooga, and Leslie Holt, of Rossville; special friend, Elizabeth Rawlston, of Chattanooga; sister, Virginia Lee Weaver, of Chattanooga; ten grandchildren; seven great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.

Graveside services will be held Thursday at 2:30 p.m. in Chattanooga National Cemetery with Chaplain Pat Davis officiating. Mr. Bryan will receive full military services conducted by American Legion Post 95.

In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of Chattanooga, 165 Hamm Road, Chattanooga, TN 37405.

There will be no visitation at the funeral home.

The family will receive friends from 4-6 p.m. following the service at 1420 Rowewood Drive.

Arrangements are by Heritage Funeral Home & Cremation Services, 7454 East Brainerd Road.


Myers, Richard "Dick" E.

Richard "Dick" E. Myers, 78, of Collegedale, Tennessee died peacefully at home on April 19, 2014 after a long, courageous battle with Parkinson's. He was a member of the Collegedale Seventh-day Adventist Church. Richard was born in Cass County, Mi., on Nov. 13, 1935 to Alfred and Rosie Myers. In 1954, Dick graduated from Cedar Lake Academy where he met his future wife Donna ... (click for more)

Moneyham, Joseph Milbourn

Joseph Milbourn Moneyham, 69, of Rossville, died on Thursday, April 17, 2014. He was born in Lee County, Va., to the late Milbourne Moneyhamand Vera Copeland Allen, but had lived in the North Georgia area for most of his life. He was of the Christian faith and had worked as a welder for most of his life before retiring from C & E Machine Shop. He enjoyed fishing ... (click for more)

Stone, Reba Jean Higdon (Benton)

Reba Jean Higdon Stone, 80, of Benton, TN, passed away Friday, April 18, 2014.  She was a member of Old Ocoee Baptist Church. She was preceded in death by her parents, John and Easter Lousie Yates Higdon; husband, Luther Lee Stone; son, David W. Stone; daughter, Linda Marlene Stone Sanford; and granddaughter, Sheena Nicole Stone. She is survived by her children, John ... (click for more)

Densmore, Kenneth Paul (Dalton)

Kenneth Paul Densmore, 69, of Dalton, GA, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, surrounded by the people who loved him.  Kenneth was born July 2, 1944 in Brunswick, GA, to the late Fletcher and Lola Smith Densmore; and was also preceded in death by his brother, Billy Densmore.  He is survived by his wife of 32 years, Jennifer Densmore of the residence; sons and daughters-in-law, ... (click for more)

Man Shot On Cannon Avenue Early Saturday Morning

A man was shot early Saturday morning on Cannon Avenue. At approximately 5:30 a.m., Chattanooga Police responded to 2300 Cannon Ave. for shots fired.  Shortly after receiving the call, officers learned that a victim arrived at a local hospital.  The victim suffered a gunshot wound to the right leg and is undergoing treatment. The injury is not considered to be life-threatening.  ... (click for more)

Child Playing With Cigarette Lighter Starts $25,000 Mobile Home Fire

A child playing with a cigarette lighter started a mobile home fire on Saturday morning. At 9 a.m., the Chattanooga Fire Department responded to a mobile home fire at 6561 Cassie Lane. It took four fire companies about 10 minutes to get the fire under control. The fire was contained to one bedroom. No injuries were reported. Damage to the home is around $25,000. (click for more)