The Chattanooga Furniture Bank will hold a furniture drive on Saturday, from 8 a.m. - 2 p.m. at eight locations in the Greater Chattanooga Area.
The Furniture Bank has been successful in the three months since its grand opening in March. There are currently 50 people on a waiting list because inventory is running low. The bank is especially short on kitchen furniture.
Since March, the Furniture Bank has served more than 100 families and individuals in the Chattanooga area.
The public is invited to take gently-used furniture to one of eight drop off points around Hamilton County. The Furniture Bank will also accept financial donations to help purchase much needed used furniture and other household items.
All donations, financial or material, are tax deductible. Checks should be made to the Chattanooga Furniture Bank.
These are the eight locations:
· Downtown – the Furniture Bank offices at 700 East 11th Street
· Hickory Valley – St. Michael’s Cathedral, 2330 Hickory Valley Road
· Hixson – Clear Creek Church of Christ, 5612 Hixson Pike
· Red Bank – Red Bank Church of Christ, 3600 Dayton Blvd.
· North Chattanooga – Northside Presbyterian Church, 923 Mississippi Ave.
· St. Elmo – Calvary Chapel, 3415 South Broad Street
· East Ridge – Town Hall, 1517 Tombras Ave.
· Signal Mountain – Signal Mtn. Baptist Church, 939 Ridgeway Ave.
The Furniture Bank especially needs kitchen tables and chairs, beds, bed frames, headboards, night stands, lamps, couches, coffee tables, TVs, TV stands, end tables, recliners, kitchen appliances, book shelves, clean linens, dishes, free standing cabinets, microwaves, fans, refrigerators and more.
The Chattanooga Furniture Bank is a partnership between the Salvation Army and United Way of Greater Chattanooga, funded in part by a grant from the City of Chattanooga’s Department of Neighborhood Services and Community Development.
For more information, dial 211, call 423 757-9527.