Dalton will host the Red Carpet Half Marathon, 5K and 2K runs on Saturday. As a result, many Dalton streets will be closed that morning to accommodate the race. The following is a list of roads that will be closed for all or part of the Dalton Red Carpet Half-Marathon on Saturday. The roadway closing will begin at 7:45 a.m. in most locations and the roadways will reopen when they are no longer needed for the races.
Road / Lane Closure for Red Carpet Half Marathon, 5K and 2K
· King St. – closed
· Selvidge St – closed from the entrance to BB&T to Crawford St until approximately 1 p.m.
· Pentz St – closed from King St to Crawford St during event. Closed from Emery St to Morris St during the 2k.
· Hamilton St. - closed from Hawthorne St to Franklin St (until last runner of 5k passes, then closed at Emery on the south end)
· W. Franklin St. – closed until the last 5k runner exits onto Thornton.
· S. Thornton Ave. – outside, S. bound lane closed from Walnut to Waugh
· Waugh St. – outside, E. bound lane closed from Jones to Thornton.
· Jones St –Closed from Waugh St to Crawford St
· Crawford St – Closed from Cappes St to Valley Dr
· Ridge St – Closed from Murray Hill to Crawford St
· Lewell St - entrances to the east side of the cemetery at Cuyler St and Gen Thomas Dr closed during the half-marathon
· Emery St – Closed at Tibbs Rd and closed from Lewell St to Thornton Ave during the 5k and Half Marathon. Westbound lane closed from Hamilton St to Pentz for 2k.
· Miller St – Closed from Franklin to Emery
· Valley Dr. – closed from Franklin to Crawford
· Cuyler St – closed between Thornton Ave and Valley Dr
· W. Walnut Ave. – Outside, Westbound lane closed from Thornton Ave to Tibbs Rd
· Tibbs Rd. – closed between Walnut Ave and Shugart Rd
· Maple Way/Ella Ln – closed
· Woodvalley Dr. / Woodvalley Ct. – closed
· Shugart Rd. – N. bound, outside lane closed
· Chattanooga Rd. – Outside, E. bound lane closed from Shugart Rd to Old Chattanooga Rd
· Old Chattanooga Rd. – closed until the last half marathon runner is clear
· N. Thornton Ave. – partial south bound lane closed (6 feet from curb) from Old Chattanooga Rd to Trammel St
· N. Thornton Ave. – S/B lane closed - Trammel St to Hawthorne St
· Hamilton St access lane beside the Waugh St Bridge – Closed
· Morris St – closed from Thornton Ave to Hamilton St.