Why protect a Massachusetts pharmacy and claim it's good for jobs? The insurance companies and special interests have been hard at work pulling strings and using unsubstantiated buzzwords to take victims' rights away. The lie of "tort reform" has been used to hurt you while dressing it up as a good thing....like handing somebody their own hangman's noose and calling it a necktie.
It is a lie ......
1. Doctors leaving the state..........Really?....Name One
2. Lower insurance premiums.
......Really?....Name One instance even with the "lie" laws previously passed
3. Frivolous lawsuit...Cute term but....Really?....Go down to the courthouse and find one
4. Runaway Jury Verdicts...................Really?....Why will an auto insurance company fire the lawyer it hired to represent its wrongdoer for not demanding a jury?
5. Litigious society...............................Really?....Anyone stating this is so misinformed...Per capita numbers decrease each year. The first year the State had to start reporting med mal verdicts, there were only six verdicts for the plaintiff in the whole state of Tennessee that year... the solution..Stop reporting the truth.
For example...You come home to find your family has not made it home. The phone call comes from the local emergency room. Your spouse and children are all being treated for injuries. You appear and check their conditions. One does not make it. You learn their vehicle was struck by a person texting while driving. After some months, the survivors recover with some residual affects of pain and limitation. The medical bills come in....Now is when you find the noose your interested legislator has sold you as "good for business."
You can't take a gun and go recover from the defendant for your losses. You are forced to utilize the civil justice system. Now you find the nooses.
You now find out the state is limiting the value of the loss of life. You can't believe it.
Don't stop there...there are laws being conjured up right now by your legislators, a few in particular, that are crafting ways to limit or eliminate your family's rights...Really. You can't believe that your "representatives" have enacted laws to benefit the wrongdoer.