Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) of Chattanooga will host a series of nine scholarship and college application seminars to prospective applicants in step-by-step tutorials for successfully completing the application process of the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Program and other similar scholarship programs. The seminars will take place each day of McDonald’s 10th annual “Give A Hand” fundraiser during which customers can purchase paper Hands for $1, $3, or $5 between Nov. 10 – 20 to support their local RMHC chapter.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Chattanooga staff and volunteers will host the seminars for high school seniors, parents and guidance counselors.
The schedule is as follows:
- Nov. 10 – 2 p.m. – McDonalds, 4500 N. Lee Highway, Cleveland
- Nov. 11 – 2 p.m. – McDonalds, 1101 N. Main Street, Lafayette
- Nov. 12 – 7 p.m. – McDonalds, 2017 Gunbarrel Road, Chattanooga
- Nov. 13 – 7 p.m. – McDonalds, 139 Abel Drive, Dayton
- Nov. 14 – 7 p.m. – McDonalds, 1403 Congress Parkway, Athens
- Nov. 15 – 7 p.m. – McDonalds, 6401 Ringgold Road, East Ridge
- Nov. 18 – 2 p.m. – McDonalds, 5440 Highway 153, Hixson
- Nov. 19 – 7 p.m. – McDonalds, 3423 Amnicola Highway, Chattanooga
- Nov. 20 – 7 p.m. – McDonalds, 104 Sequoyah Access Rd, Soddy Daisy
RMHC Chattanooga volunteers will provide an informational session on applying for the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Programs and give students additional resources for other scholarship programs, tips for writing application essays, and how to prepare for scholarship interviews. Computer access and personalized assistance will follow the presentations. Reservations are not required and presentations will begin promptly at the time listed on the schedule. There is no cost for the seminar.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Chattanooga offers 40 $1,000 college scholarships to area high school seniors who demonstrate academic achievement, community involvement, financial need and plan on attending a two or four year college during the next academic year. The deadline to submit an application online-only and all required documentation is Dec. 20. For more information, about the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Program, visit: www.rmhchattanooga.com.