Life Care Centers of America gave its highest nursing honor to Judy Wallace, director of nursing at Life Care Center of Bruceton-Hollow Rock, Tn., on Monday.
The Mary Denton Award – named for the Life Care resident depicted in the company’s logo – is presented annually to one director of nursing who best symbolizes the philosophy, mission and values of Life Care.
Ms. Wallace has led her nursing team to consistently good annual inspections. She treats all members of her department fairly, helps new associates grow and affirms those already excelling. She promotes health awareness in the community and leads by example as she runs in races for various charities.
The company also bestowed the Company-wide Director of Nursing of the Year Award on Nancy Magnuson, director of nursing at Life Care Center of Sarasota, Fla. She was praised for encouraging her associates to continue their education and developing an Emergency Response Team at the facility trained by local emergency medical technicians. Her team earned a deficiency-free score in nursing on the most recent state health inspection.
“Judy Wallace and Nancy Magnuson represent the pinnacle of their profession,” said Beecher Hunter, Life Care president. “The highest ideals of nursing leadership are demonstrated by their daily actions. Our company is blessed to have them, and the real beneficiaries of their talents and their love are our residents.”
These two awards were highlights of an evening honoring performance excellence at Life Care Centers of America’s corporate headquarters in Cleveland, Tenn.
Divisional Director of Nursing of the Year awards were given to eight other individuals:
• John Sitienei – Life Care Center of Plano, Texas, for the Central Division
• Teresa Williams – Life Care Center of Jefferson City, Tn., for the Eastern Division
• Jenell Burger – Life Care Center of LaGrange, In., for the Heartland Division
• Helen Matvichuk – Life Care Center of Westminster, Co., for the Mountain States Division
• Patricia Sherman – Life Care Center of West Bridgewater, Ma., for the Northeast Division
• Shannon Ryan – Life Care Center of Port Orchard, Wa., for the Northwest Division
• Jacquelyn Duncanson – Lakeside Health Center in West Palm Beach, Fla., for the Southeast Division
• Gloria Arado – Life Care Center of Escondido, Calif., for the Southwest Division
Founded in 1976, Life Care operates or manages more than 220 nursing, post-acute and Alzheimer’s facilities in 28 states. For more information about Life Care, visit http://lcca.com.
Nancy Magnuson - Company-wide Directors of Nursing of the Year