The Tennessee PTA has named Senator Andy Berke as the 2012 Tennessee PTA Outstanding Legislator.
That and other awards will be presented at the annual awards banquet on Saturday at 6:30 p.m. at the Sheraton Music City Hotel in Nashville.
· 2012 Tennessee PTA Outstanding Superintendent - John Aitken, Shelby County Schools
· 2012 Tennessee PTA Outstanding School Board Member - Kathy Hall, Johnson City School Board
· 2012 Tennessee PTA Outstanding Principal - Amy Stover, South Side Elementary, Johnson City
· 2012 Tennessee PTA Outstanding Teacher - Janet Getz, Cedar Bluff Middle School, Knoxville
Tennessee PTA will also hand out the following school and council awards at the banquet.
· Advocacy Partnership Awards
· Collaborating with the Community Partnership Awards
· Communicating Partnership Awards
· Council Membership Awards
· Leadership Achievement Awards
· Local Unit Membership Awards
· Mary Jo Clark Volunteer Service Awards
· Most Creative Membership Campaigns
· Outstanding Council
· Outstanding Local Units - Elementary, Middle and High School
· Region Membership Awards
· School Decision Making Partnership Awards
· Student Learning Partnership Awards
The annual awards banquet will be part of the 99th Annual Tennessee PTA Convention which will be held at the Sheraton Music City Hotel in Nashville Friday-Sunday.