An ADT automatic fire alarm called 911 at 9:15 a.m. on Wednesday, reporting a fire at the home of Thomas Carlton at 2207 Glengerrie Drive (Lakesite Subdivision).
The Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire Department responded and arrived on the scene and reported heavy smoke coming out the front door and windows of the home. Firefighters entered the home and extinguished the fire in the kitchen quickly.
According to Dallas Bay VFD Fire Chief Marcus Fritts, it appears the stove had kicked on the “cleaning mode” automatically and caught the items in the stove on fire. Mr. Carlton did not use the stove and was using the stove for storage.
No injuries were reported. Damages are estimated to be $8,000. Mr. Carlton was insured and will be staying at a hotel until he can return home.