You won’t see any cheap road-side signs with my name on them. I am going to do things a little differently. I’m not spending large sums of money on my campaign. I’m not running with the backing of a political party. I’m not desperately seeking your vote – (although I would appreciate it). I’m running because I am willing to devote four years of my life to the people of Hamilton County in this capacity. I am willing to face the political fall-out for forcing assessment values to their appropriate levels.
I am extremely conservative in my view of taxation. I believe that every single dollar assessed, collected and spent by government should be agonized over. The money belongs to the business, family or individual that earned that money - not the government. We must be extremely certain that we are not over-assessing and therefore over-taxing families and businesses that are already reeling from the economic situation.
Here is why I am running for your assessor of property:
1) The Hamilton County market is currently over-valuated to the detriment of the property and business owner, but to the benefit of government. I will make certain that the assessment value is realistic in light of the current market.
2) The assessor’s office should be completely separate from the taxation arm of government and from the government entities that rely on tax revenues. I have never served in a political capacity and have no personal connections with current county government officials.
3) The assessor should be independent from all political parties and should not accept campaign contributions of any kind. I am not affiliated with a political party and have not and will not accept any campaign contributions.
4) The assessing process should be completely transparent to the public. I will make certain that the assessment process is transparent.
5) The assessor’s responsibility is not to the government entities that get the vast majority of their funding from taxation of property and business owners. The assessor is responsible for fair and equitable treatment of the property and business owners. I will not be influenced by the revenue desires of government.
A fair and equitable assessment process coupled with a fair tax rate. That’s what I want and that’s why I would appreciate your vote for assessor of property.