The TSSAA Board of Control on Monday voted to have three classes in all sports (except football) in Division I and remain with current classification setup for Division II.
The board also voted to remain with two classes for Division II in football.
It also voted to remain with the six-class plan in football for Division I.
The number of football playing schools in Class A will be divided to form Class 1A and 2A with equal number of schools in each of the divided classes.
The same will apply for Class AA (3A and 4A) and Class AAA (5A and 6A).
Host school for the semifinals will be pre-determined by their position in the bracket, and not their seed. During odd years, the top team in the bracket shall be the host team and during even years, the bottom team on the bracket shall host.
The board also:
4. Voted to leave the multiplier for independent schools in Division I at 1.8 and that no school could move up more than one classification in any sport.
5. Denied Division II Committee track and field recommendations for 2 classes.
6. Voted to remain with current classification time period of four years.
7. Voted to continue to re-evaluate enrollments and move schools that have a 20% increase or decrease which causes them to be in another class every two years.
8. Voted to send the staff’s recommendation of district and region alignments for the next classification period to all member schools prior to the November Board meeting.
All decisions above by the Board of Control will take effect for the 2013-14 through 2016-17 classification period.