Bluewater Grille became the first restaurant in Chattanooga to receive Green Certification from the Tennessee Hospitality Association. The restaurant has made drastic changes in its operations process in order to promote sustainability and shrink its environmental footprint.
“We are so proud to have received this certification from the Tennessee Hospitality Association,” said General Manager Colin Woodcook. “The Chattanooga community as a whole is developing a stellar reputation when it comes to being sustainable and environmentally conscious. We are happy to play our part in this movement to ‘Go Green’.”
In order to achieve Green Certification, Bluewater Grille undertook many changes, including:
- Recycling all glass, aluminum, paper and cardboard utilized in the restaurant
- Recycling all grain used in the neighboring brewery (grain is donated to a local farmer to be used as livestock feed)
- Utilizing Energy Star efficient appliances only
- Working with the Tennessee Aquarium to ensure menu items are sustainable
- Donating over-stocked food to the Chattanooga Community Kitchen on a weekly basis
- Utilizing a high-efficiency heating and air conditioning system only
- Minimizing the use of disposables, including the elimination of Styrofoam in to-go packaging and replacing with compostable, natural-fibered to-go containers
- Utilizing high-efficiency compact fluorescent lights in the kitchen
- Recycling all cooking grease (grease is made into bio-fuel)
- Utilizing timers on all outdoor lighting
The Tennessee Hospitality Association represents the interests of Tennessee’s lodging and dining establishments and the related businesses involved in the hospitality industry. As the unifying force within the hospitality and tourism industry, they are committed to meeting the challenges presented by political, legislative, regulatory and economic forces influencing the hospitality industry.
Bluewater Grille is located in Downtown Chattanooga on Broad Street. For more information on the recent certification, please contact Heather Jenkins, Sales & Marketing manager of Bluewater Grille, at 423 322-6149 or email@example.com.