A committee has been named to conduct the search for the next chancellor at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, UT System President Joe DiPietro announced.
UT Institute of Agriculture Chancellor Larry Arrington will chair the 24-member search committee, which includes faculty, staff, students, alumni and community representatives.
Roger Brown, UTC chancellor since 2005, announced his intentions to retire last month. He agreed to remain in office until a new chancellor can be installed or until March 31, 2013.
The committee’s first meeting is expected to take place in August. The search firm Parker Executive Search has been hired to assist the committee with identifying, qualifying and recruiting prospective candidates, and with vetting finalists. The committee will recommend one or more finalists to Dr. DiPietro, who will then submit his choice to the UT Board of Trustees for approval.
“UTC is both a vital part of the University of Tennessee System and critical to the Chattanooga area and the region it serves,” Dr. DiPietro said. “We are committed to finding the highest caliber of leadership to continue the progress made since Dr. Brown’s arrival seven years ago.”
Here is a list of committee members:
- Dr. Larry Arrington, Chair, chancellor of the UT Institute of Agriculture
- Linda Hendricks, Chief Human Resources Office, UT System
- Dr. Jerald Ainsworth, dean, Graduate School, UTC
- William M. (Mickey) Barker, retired Chief Justice of the Tennessee Supreme Court
- Kino Becton, past president, Hamilton County chapter of the UT Alumni Association
- Bradley Bell, UTC student government representative
- Dr. Richard Brown, vice chancellor of finance and operations, UTC
- Monique Berke, community representative
- Dr. Robert Dooley, dean, School of Business Administration, UTC
- Cheryl Faulker, professional development coordinator, UTC
- Tyler Forrest, assistant director, business and financial affairs, UTC
- John Foy, UT trustee
- Tom Griscom, UC Foundation representative
- Joyce Hardaway, chair of the Chancellor’s Multicultural Advisory Council
- Dr. Martina Harris, assistant professor, UTC
- Warren Logan, president and CEO, Urban League of Greater Chattanooga
- Dr. Deborah McAllister, professor, UTC
- Dr. Gretchen Potts, associate professor, UTC
- Donna Roddy, past member of UTC alumni board
- Kayvon Sadrabadi, past president of UTC alumni board
- Dr. Mary Tanner, interim provost, UTC
- Dr. John Tucker, professor, UTC
- Kim White, president of River City, alumna
- Dr. Joseph Wilferth, associate professor, UTC