BI-LO will unveil its latest updated store in Chattanooga with a donation of more than $217,000 on behalf of BI-LO Charities to 33 Chattanooga-area schools and nonprofits that support hunger relief, education and children’s issues on Wednesday, Aug. 8.
Officials said, "BI-LO is committed to making grocery shopping simple, offering customers incredible variety at the lowest price along with one-stop services at a great value so that they don’t have to sacrifice on the things that matter the most to them. This commitment is evident through not only the detailed care taken in updating the store, but the company’s dedication to supporting the communities in which it operates."
The grand re-opening will kick off at 4510 Highway 58 at 11 a.m. with BI-LO’s District Director Daryl Massey and Store Director Henry Edwards, who will be on hand for the BI-LO Charities donation and ribbon cutting ceremony. BI-LO’s exclusive grand re-opening tour will make two stops at the store with its signature vehicle packed to the brim with games and giveaways for customers on Saturday, Aug. 11 from 11 a.m.–2 p.m. and on Sunday, Aug. 12 from 2–5 p.m.
“We are dedicated to being Chattanooga’s neighborhood grocer and will continue to provide shoppers with excellent value on a wide variety of high-quality products all with exceptional customer care,” said Mr. Massey. “We wanted to show our appreciation by updating the store and making several donations to the community in which we live.”
The improved look and feel of the store is just one of the ways BI-LO is working to provide unrivaled value and service to the public. Mr. Edwards will serve as the store director of the facility.
The enhanced departments within the store and signature food items showcase the improved freshness, variety and quality the company strives to provide customers, including:
- Gold Star line of meat featuring a selection of locally raised and always fresh chicken and incredibly tender pork, and only the most popular, highest-quality brand of beef in America: Certified Angus Beef.
- A knowledgeable BI-LO butcher who can custom cut, grind or cube, and provide grilling and preparation tips, all for free.
- A wide variety of seafood including Chef’s Catch and Lakehouse Catfish, available only at BI-LO.
- A produce department with an open-market feel featuring BI-LO’s triple-inspected Walter’s Produce.
- Lip Lickin’ Fried Chicken, fresh-sliced Sara Lee meats and cheeses, Signature Deli Pizza, Sweet Dreams Custom Cakes and Gourmet Cookies, along with fresh artisan breads, muffins, pastries and doughnuts.
- A free Wi-Fi café to relax, enjoy a cup of coffee or a snack and surf the web.
Mr. Massey said, “We’re proud to bring this new, enhanced shopping experience to our friends in Chattanooga and the surrounding communities, because it symbolizes what BI-LO is all about: quality, freshness and offering shoppers the finest products available, all for a low price.”
The store can also begin hosting BI-LO Food Detective store tours, a field trip that’s appropriate for children in grades kindergarten through fifth. This hands-on event is based on the MyPlate teaching method for health and education and BI-LO’s own thrive! program, the store’s health and wellness initiative aimed at helping shoppers make healthy, affordable choices both in the store aisle and at home. BI-LO Food Detectives aligns with local learning standards and is offered free to all elementary schools, as well as to Scout groups, homeschoolers, daycares, churches and other community organizations. Interested parties can schedule a tour by visiting BI-LO’s Food Detectives website, www.fieldtripfactory.com/bilo.
This store will be open from 6 a.m. to midnight, Monday – Saturday, and from 7 a.m. to midnight on Sundays.