Life Care Centers of America has announced its 2011 Whatever It Takes And Then Some Award winners for customer service on Sept. 11.
Each year, an award is given to one associate from each of Life Care’s divisions. Executives present each winner with a $1,000 cash prize and share the stories behind their acts of exceptional caring. Winners are honored during a session of Life Care’s Annual Management Meeting at the company’s headquarters in Cleveland.
“Customer service is Life Care’s reason for being,” said Beecher Hunter, Life Care president. “Our company is blessed with associates who view their work as a life’s calling, and they are extraordinary practitioners of a heartfelt commitment to always act in the best interest of our residents. The eight individuals we are honoring this year with our Whatever It Takes And Then Some awards represent thousands of others like them. I am always inspired and humbled to be in their presence and see and sense their devotion to serving people.”
The 2012 recipients for acts of service in 2011 were:
• Maria Johnson, a certified nursing assistant at Life Care Center of Omaha, Neb., for the Central Division
• Glenda Glosson, a cook at Life Care Center of Bruceton-Hollow Rock in Bruceton, Tenn., for the Eastern Division
• Dustie Burke, a licensed practical nurse at Life Care Center of Elyria, Ohio, for the Heartland Division
• Jana Underwood, a registered nurse at Valley View Villa in Fort Morgan, Colo., for the Mountain States Division
• Julienne Hubert, an occupational therapist at Life Care Center of Raynham, Mass., for the Northeast Division
• Frank Amrine, an activity assistant at Life Care Center of Ritzville, Wash., for the Northwest Division
• Sonya Starnes, an occupational therapist assistant at Life Care Center of Pensacola, Fla., for the Southeast Division
• Amber Keene, a receptionist at Life Care Center of Sierra Vista, Ariz., for the Southwest Division
Life Care Centers of America’s Whatever It Takes And Then Some customer service campaign rewards associates for their extraordinary acts of kindness. Monthly awards are presented in Life Care facilities nationwide based on nominations from fellow associates, family members, residents and guests. Each facility then chooses an annual winner, from which the divisional winners are selected.
Founded in 1976, Life Care is a nationwide health care company that operates or manages nursing, post-acute and Alzheimer’s centers in 28 states. For more information about Life Care, visit lcca.com.