Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire Department firefighters saved a house from burning to the ground this afternoon.
At 4:40 p.m., the homeowner, Lisa Thrasher, called 911 reporting her house at 6539 Levi Road was on fire. Dallas Bay VFD responded and arrived on the scene reporting flames in the living room and kitchen.
Firefighters quickly entered the home and extinguished the fire within minutes. The effort contained the damage to two rooms of Ms. Thrasher's home.
No injuries were reported, but Hamilton County EMS was on the scene for any potential injuries to the firefighters.
The cause of the fire was unattended cooking by the homeowner. Damages are listed at $30,000.