The East Ridge Fire Department and Police Department were dispatched to the home of Sue Gregory, 1609 McDonald Road, on Monday, in regards to a house fire.
Ms. Gregory’s neighbors called 911 after being alerted by the fire alarms and seeing smoke coming from the residence.
Both fire department and police department units arrived at 1:58 p.m., two minutes after the fire department was dispatched to the incident.
The ERFD personnel mounted an aggressive interior attack on the fire and successfully limited the fire and the damage to the residence’s kitchen.
Preliminary assessment of the incident suggests that the fire started at the kitchen stove and appears accidental. The estimate of damage is approximately $30,000.
There was no one home at the time of the fire, and there were no injuries. Ms. Gregory’s two cats, Troubles and Meanness, were both rescued by ERFD personnel.
Units responding were Squad 1, Squad 2, Engine 1, Engine 2, Quint 1, Support 1, and Rescue 1. Puckett EMS also responded to the scene for stand by.