Barber, Stephen Michael

Monday, January 14, 2013

Stephen Michael Barber, 52, of Chattanooga, died on Saturday, January 12, 2013.

Arrangements will be announced by Covenant Funeral & Crematory, Crox family-owned and operated, www.CovenantFuneral.com.


McAlister, Alia Lee

Alia Lee McAlister, 38, of Chattanooga, died on Saturday, March 28, 2015.   Arrangements will be announced by Covenant Funeral & Crematory, Crox family owned and operated,  www.CovenantFuneral.com . (click for more)

Birt, Demetrius

Demetrius Birt, 32, of Chattanooga, died on Thursday, March 26, 2015 at a local hospital.  Arrangements will be announced later by Taylor Funeral Home of Chattanooga, Inc.  (click for more)

Williams, Andrew Myers Jr. (Summerville)

Andrew Myers Williams Jr., 91, of Summerville, GA, passed away Saturday, March 28, 2015.     A native of Chattooga County, GA, he was born to the late Andrew Myers Williams, Sr. and Ruby Tutton Williams on March 230, 1924.  Mr. Williams was a member of First Presbyterian Church P.C.A; was a former grocery store owner/operator and was retired Supervisor ... (click for more)

Buffington, Helen Green (Dunlap)

Helen  Green  Buffington , 92, of Dunlap, TN, died at her home Friday, March 27, 2015 after a short illness.  Helen  was born in Chattanooga to the late Robert and Dewy Elliott  Greene  on August 27, 1922. She married her late husband, Lawrence Adams  Buffington  in 1951. After a move to Detroit where their son, Charles Andrew  ... (click for more)

Family Escapes Sunday Morning Blaze

A Chattanooga family was getting ready for church Sunday morning when they heard a loud pop on the back side of the house. The pop they heard was apparently a window busting from intense flames on the outside of the house. Larry Erskine, his wife Nicole, and their two-year-old daughter got out of the house without injuries and called 911.  The Chattanooga Fire Department ... (click for more)

Firefighters Respond To 2 Kitchen Fires

Chattanooga firefighters responded to two kitchen fires within the past 24 hours. The first one occurred Saturday morning at 3116 15th Ave.  Captain Joey Smith with Engine 5 said the firefighters were able to contain the fire to the kitchen area. The lone occupant got out of the house safely. The dollar loss was estimated at $15,000. The cause of the fire was ruled accidental, ... (click for more)