Hood, Lonnie "Round Man" Sr.

Friday, January 25, 2013
Lonnie Hood
Lonnie Hood

Lonnie “Round Man” Hood, Sr., 72, of Chattanooga, Tennessee, died on Tuesday, January 15, 2013.

Lonnie retired from Wheland Foundry in 2003 after approximately 47 years of dedicated services. He later became an employee at Wal-Mart. 

He was preceded in death by his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Elmore Hood, Sr., three brothers, Lewis Hood, Horrace Hood, and Elmore Hood, Jr., two sisters, Georgia Hood Head, and Margie Hood Gates and a daughter, Donnetta Renee Hood Yates.

Lonnie is survived by his wife, Mrs. Cherry S. Hood; two siblings, James Hood (Gladdis) of Chicago, and Doris Hood Pernell of Charlotte, N.C.; nine children, Cathy “Cookie” Coleman, Rodney Southers, Lonnie Hood Jr., and Linda Hood, all of Chattanooga, Sherry Duplessis of Detroit, Deborah Hood-Rudolph (Michael) of Acworth, Ga., Christie Wyatt, of Powder Springs, Ga., Darryle Hood (Valerie) of Murfreesboro, Tn., Lori Hood Hardaway of Aurora, Il.; two stepchildren, Stephanie Wyatt Ellis (Leo) of Valdosta, Ga., Damien “Dank” Readus of Montgomery, Ala.; a host of grandchildren, great-grandchildren, nieces, nephews, and other relatives.  He will forever be in our hearts.

In lieu of flowers, the family is accepting donations at SunTrust Bank (ACH Routing # 061000104/account #:1000131462227 – Christie Wyatt) to help offset funeral expenses and to donate to Cancer Research. You may also submit donations to John P. Franklin.

Funeral services will be held at 1 p.m., on Thursday, Jan. 31, at the funeral home. Interment will be in Forest Hills Cemetery.

The body will lie in state after noon on Wednesday, Jan. 30, at the John P. Franklin Funeral Home, 1101 Dodds Ave., 622-9995.


Lorden, Margaret "Meg" Henrietta Smith

Margaret "Meg" Henrietta Smith Lorden, 84, of Chattanooga, died on Saturday, April 19, 2014. She was a Christian and member of Ridgedale Baptist Church and the Cornerstone Sunday School Class. She served in the Bible Study Outreach at East Ridge retirement Center and was a member of the church's Prayer Room program. She also served in Music and Prayer at the Stratford House Nursing ... (click for more)

Coffey, Edna L.

Edna L. Coffey, of Chattanooga, died on Saturday, April 19, 2014.   Funeral arrangements will be announced by Lane Funeral Home.  Visit www.lanefh.com to share condolences.  Arrangements are by Lane Funeral Home,  Ashland Terrace,  877-3524. (click for more)

Stone, Reba Jean Higdon (Benton)

Reba Jean Higdon Stone, 80, of Benton, TN, passed away Friday, April 18, 2014.  She was a member of Old Ocoee Baptist Church. She was preceded in death by her parents, John and Easter Lousie Yates Higdon; husband, Luther Lee Stone; son, David W. Stone; daughter, Linda Marlene Stone Sanford; and granddaughter, Sheena Nicole Stone. She is survived by her children, John ... (click for more)

Densmore, Kenneth Paul (Dalton)

Kenneth Paul Densmore, 69, of Dalton, GA, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, surrounded by the people who loved him.  Kenneth was born July 2, 1944 in Brunswick, GA, to the late Fletcher and Lola Smith Densmore; and was also preceded in death by his brother, Billy Densmore.  He is survived by his wife of 32 years, Jennifer Densmore of the residence; sons and daughters-in-law, ... (click for more)

Man Shot On Cannon Avenue Early Saturday Morning

A man was shot early Saturday morning on Cannon Avenue. At approximately 5:30 a.m., Chattanooga Police responded to 2300 Cannon Ave. for shots fired.  Shortly after receiving the call, officers learned that a victim arrived at a local hospital.  The victim suffered a gunshot wound to the right leg and is undergoing treatment. The injury is not considered to be life-threatening.  ... (click for more)

Child Playing With Cigarette Lighter Starts $25,000 Mobile Home Fire

A child playing with a cigarette lighter started a mobile home fire on Saturday morning. At 9 a.m., the Chattanooga Fire Department responded to a mobile home fire at 6561 Cassie Lane. It took four fire companies about 10 minutes to get the fire under control. The fire was contained to one bedroom. No injuries were reported. Damage to the home is around $25,000. (click for more)