Six University of Tennessee at Chattanooga runners set personal records (PRs) Saturday at the Rod McCravy Memorial Invitational hosted by the University of Kentucky at the Nutter Field House.
Senior Nathan Wanuch (Mississauga, Ontario) topped his PR in the men’s Mile Run with a time of 4:17.13 while junior John Gilpin (Nashville, Tenn.) also set a PR in the race posting a time of 4:26.50.
In the women’s 400m dash, junior Gabby Cader (Cleveland, Tenn.) topped her previous best with a time of 1:00.15 along with sophomore Ambria Reese (Memphis, Tenn.) posted a PR of 1:02.63.
In the women’s 800m sophomore Jessica Philpott (Manchester, Tenn.) recorded her PR of 2:22.41. In the men’s 800m freshman Marquis Carter (Memphis, Tenn.) bested his time from the Middle Tennessee Christmas Invitational in December with a time of 1:56.69. Fellow freshman Trevor Janssen (Jordan Station, Ontario) ran the 800m in a time of 1:55.94, just off the school record 1:52.26 set by Ryan Kendall in 2002.
Sophomore Amanda Sumner (Bristol, Conn.) placed 18th in the women’s 3000 meter Section 1&2 race with a time of 10:04.38 while sophomore transfer Rachel Greenwall (Bogart, Ga.) won the women’s Section 3 race with a time of 10:35.56. In the men’s 3000m Section 3 event, freshman Paul Stuart (Brentwood, Tenn.) placed fourth in his first outdoor meet with a time of 8:44.51 while classmate Matthew Marshall (Signal Mountain, Tenn.) was 14th with a time of 9:08.73.
There is no time to rest for the Mocs, however. Next Saturday UTC will travel to Murfreesboro, Tenn., for the MTSU Blue Raider Invitational at the Murphy Center.
24. Iman Isang 8.79 7.87
39. Geoff Nelson 50.71 48.20
16. Trevor Janssen 1:55.94 1:52.26
19. Marquis Carter 1:56.69 PR
38. Patrick O’Brien 2:01.00
14. Nathan Wanuch 4:17.13 PR 4:06.29
28. John Gilpin 4:26.50 PR
4. Paul Stuart 8:44.51 (section 3) 8:09.89
14. Matthew Marshall 9:08.73 (section 3)
17. Chattanooga 3:29.40 3:17.45
39. Gabby Cader 1:00.15 PR 56.50
49. Ambria Reese 1:02.63 PR
30. Jessica Philpott 2:22.41 PR 2:13.21
42. Rebecca Greenwall 2:26.34
14. Teghan Henderson 5:05.53 4:48.09
18. Amanda Sumner 10:04.38 (section 1&2) 9:31.75
1. Rachel Greenwall 10:35.56 (section 3)
20. Chattanooga 4:05.14 3:53.37