Life Care Centers of America bestowed its annual Physicians of the Year awards on Oct. 20.
The ceremony took place during the company’s annual Physicians’ Symposium held at its headquarters in Cleveland.
Dr. Joseph Walsh, who has served residents at Life Care Center of Sarasota, Fl., as an on-site physician since December 2011, was named Company-wide Physician of the Year.
Dr. Walsh was praised for his treating residents and associates at all levels with respect and warmth. He sits with dying residents and checks on their pain levels regularly to make sure they are comfortable, as well as offering emotional support to them and their families. He offered his expertise in the recent development of the facility’s cardiac program and participates in facility life outside of his doctor role at family events.
Seven division award winners were also honored at the symposium for their service to Life Care facilities:
• Dr. Timothy Tanselle – medical director at The Lane House in Crawfordsville, In., for the Central Division
• Dr. Michael Crowe – on-site physician at Life Care Center of Collegedale, Tn., for the Eastern Division
• Dr. Keith Thompson – on-site physician at Life Care Center of Greeley, Co., for the Mountain States Division
• Dr. Allen Dennison – medical director at Evergreen House Health Center in East Providence, R.I., for the Northeast Division
• Dr. Thomas Cooper – on-site physician at Life Care Center of Kennewick, Wa., for the Northwest Division
• Dr. Brian Wagstaff – on-site physician at Darcy Hall of Life Care in West Palm Beach, Fl., for the Southeast Division
• Dr. Nellie Pardo – on-site physician at Life Care Center at South Mountain in Phoenix, Az., for the Southwest Division
“Physicians play a pivotal role in the care of our residents,” said Beecher Hunter, Life Care president, “and we are proud to honor those who stand out in their commitment and their compassion to ensure the health and well-being of those entrusted to them.”