No injuries were reported in connection with a house fire on Tuesday night in Eastdale.
The Chattanooga Fire Department received the alarm at 6:33 p.m. and responded to 3422 Persimmon Lane with several fire companies. Lt. Danny Usher with Quint 21 said smoke and flames were visible on the outside rear of the structure when the first firefighters arrived. The fire was beginning to extend into the kitchen, but the firefighters got the blaze contained and under control in roughly 15 minutes.
The loss was estimated at around $30,000.
Battalion Chief Rick Boatwright said the cause of the fire appears to be accidental, most likely from improperly discarded smoking materials on the back porch.
Volunteers with the American Red Cross of Southeast Tennessee responded to the scene to provide assistance to the family. Chattanooga Police and Hamilton County EMS also provided assistance.