Habitat for Humanity of Greater Chattanooga and AVA are seeking submissions from artists for an exhibit centered around the theme of home and Habitat’s mission to bring people together to build homes and communities. Interested artists will submit a proposal for an original work of art created utilizing repurposed materials, including materials from Habitat’s ReStore.
Proposals will be evaluated on their artistic merit, craftsmanship, percentage of repurposed materials utilized, and adherence to theme and mission.
Application and Exhibit Timeline
Application Deadline Jan. 10
Acceptance Notification Jan. 14
Accepted Work Delivery March 4
Opening Reception March 7
Habitat Reception March 11
For more information regarding this exhibit or other AVA programming, visit www.avarts.org/artist-resources/call-to-artists/ or contact Lauren Goforth, Education and Exhibitions Director at email@example.com or 423 265 4282 ext.105.
Limitation & Restrictions
- Artists working in any medium including painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, print media, installation, ceramics, fiber arts, graphic arts, and time-based works are encouraged to apply.
- Must have a current body of work, comprised of at least 3 pieces, which the artist is able to show at the time of application.
- All entries must be the original work of the artist.
- All proposals must have been created with the sole purpose of being considered for this exhibit.
- All artists wishing to participate must submit a detailed proposal of the work they would create around the theme of home and Habitat’s mission to bring people together to build homes and communities.
- Artists must utilize repurposed materials for their proposed artwork. Some of those materials should come from Habitat for Humanity’s ReStore. Accepted artists will receive a $100 credit to purchase items at the ReStore.
- All 2-D works must be ready to hang.
- All sales will be divided evenly three ways between the artist, Habitat for Humanity and AVA.
- All unsold works will travel to Habitat for Humanity’s annual fundraiser where they will be auctioned off. All sales during this event will be divided evenly three ways between the artist, Habitat for Humanity and AVA.
- Accepted artists must attend a private Habitat for Humanity reception at AVA the evening of March 11.
- All shipping or hand delivery of work for exhibition is the responsibility of the artist.
- Artworks must not exceed 4 feet in any direction.
- AVA reserves the right to reject works that are misrepresented in the application process or are not properly outfitted to hang in the gallery.
- AVA reserves the right to make the final selection of all works to be displayed in the gallery.
- Proposal for the artwork that would be created for this exhibit using repurposed materials. The proposal should include a detailed written description of the work and intended materials. Artists may also include a graphic representation of the proposed artwork.
- Brief artist’s statement that is relevant to the work submitted (in PDF format)
- Three digital images examples of recent work. If necessary, please extra detail shots of work submitted. Each image must be:
- Saved in jpeg format
- Set color to RGB
- Saved as artist’s last name and image’s title. Example: DOE_UNTITLED.jpg
Send materials to:
- Complete list of images. For each image, include:
Lauren Goforth, Education and Exhibitions director, firstname.lastname@example.org