Kitchen Fire Extinguished At Home In Washington Hills

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Firefighters extinguished a Christmas Eve kitchen fire in Washington Hills.

The Chattanooga Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at 6300 Hansley Dr. Firefighters arrived on the scene and found light smoke coming from the residence. 

Firefighters from Quint 6 made entry and used a fire extinguisher to put the fire out in the kitchen.

It appears the fire started on the stove and quickly spread to the cabinets in the kitchen. The house sustained smoke and heat damage and losses are estimated at $5,000.

One occupant was at home at the time of the fire, but made it out of the structure safely. The residents will be staying with relatives until repairs can be made.

Chattanooga firefighters were assisted on the scene by the Chattanooga Police Department, Hamilton County EMS and EPB. 



Copies Of Remaining Chattanooga Photo Books Available At Zarzour's Restaurant; By Mail

Remaining copies of the Chattanooga Photo books are available at Zarzours Restaurant on Rossville Avenue off Main Street. It is near Fire Hall #1. They include the Remarkable Stokes Collection, Railroads In and Around Chattanooga, and Paul Hiener's Historic Chattanooga.  All were published by Chattanoogan.com.  and printed by College Press at Collegedale. The ... (click for more)

Latest Hamilton County Jail Booking Report

Here is the latest jail booking report from Hamilton County: ARNETT, JOSEPHINE MARIE  1754 OCOEE ST CHATTANOOGA, 374062817  Age at Arrest: 31 years old Arresting Agency: Hamilton County VANDALISM/MALICIOUS MISCHIEF CRIMINAL TRESPASSING CRIMINAL TRESPASSING --- BALTIMORE, SHANE LEBRON  41 DALLION LANE CHATTANOOGA, 37042  Age at Arrest: 41 ... (click for more)

Technology: The Virtual Drug

The truth is you're probably reading this on a mobile device or your computer. As a matter of fact, I’m typing this down on a MacBook Pro. The point is technology is everywhere. It engulfs like a tsunami engulfs a village, only a few ever escape. In fact, it took me two hours to start this paper because I was so hypnotized by phone, checking my Instagram and seeing what the next ... (click for more)

Roy Exum: The Saturday Funnies

This week, as two men greeted one another at the steps leading to a holiday party, one said, “My wife is angel,” this in keeping with the season. The other replied, “You’re lucky … mine is still alive.” Once inside, the two walked into this conversation – “We had a power outage at our house this morning. So, my PC, laptop, TV, DVD, iPad and new surround sound music system were ... (click for more)

Unbeaten Brainerd Rallies To Top Tyner, 55-51

The setting was perfect for a great high school basketball game Friday night at Tyner. The gym was packed long before the boys game started, it was freezing cold outside and burning up inside and two big-time rivals in District 6-AA were battling for first-place bragging rights. That honor goes to the Brainerd Panthers as they pulled through in the second half and headed back ... (click for more)

Moore Too Much As Lookout Valley Whips CSAS

There is a song that talks about not pulling on Superman’s cape. The CSAS Patriots’ basketball team might want to brush up on old song lyrics because they not only pulled on it; they ripped it, and then suffered the consequences. Lookout Valley’s Jalen Moore had to exit  Friday  night’s District 4-1A against the Patriots in the first quarter when his No. 3 jersey ... (click for more)