Harvest Bible Chapel Chattanooga, which meets in the East Brainerd Intermediate School, 7553 Igou Gap Road, Chattanooga, Tn. 37421, is offering Jobs for Life training classes for unemployed and underemployed area residents. This is an introduction to the training class, where one can find out more about the program and ask questions, will be held from 7-8 p.m. on Thursday evening, Feb. 21, at the East Brainerd Intermediate School. Training classes will be held at the same location beginning on Tuesday evening, Feb. 26, from 7-9 p.m.
Child care will be offered.
Sign Up to Attend Jobs for Life by clicking here.
Jobs for Life is a national program, based in Charlotte, N.C., that provides people with the tools and equips them to be better employees and to get better jobs. The training should give participants and graduates a better chance to land a job or a better job. The course will teach biblical principles concerning work and the ways those principles are applied in the marketplace. The training helps men and women develop character and become connected to a community of support.
Among the specific areas participants will over cover in the classes are:
- Assess their gifts, talents, and abilities through a formal career assessment
- Understand qualities and skills that make us valuable
- Develop a job and career objective
- Create a personal Roadmap (Vocational Plan) for their journey
- Understood and practice proper interviewing and communication skills
- Become aware of resources in our community they can access for assistance
- Build a Resume
- Job Search Techniques
- Researching employers
- Handling Informational interviews
- Managing employer expectations and requirements
- Understanding various work environments from employer’s perspectives
- Techniques for treating an employer like a customer
- Learn the impact of proper customer satisfaction
- Understand employer evaluations and the ways they can advance in a career
- The ways attitude affects actions
- How to effectively deal with authority figures and negative situations
- Conflict resolution
- Excelling on the job
- Effective communication skills
- And more