A fire broke out at the Best Western hotel on Lee Highway on Monday night, but it was confined to one unoccupied room.
Chattanooga firefighters responded to 7641 Lee Highway at 8:57 p.m. A total of six companies were dispatched.
Battalion Chief Steve Swanson advised the first arriving companies saw light smoke coming from a single room on the second floor and noticed the window was blackened by smoke. Firefighters forced entry and initiated an interior fire attack, while additional fire companies started evacuating the surrounding rooms.
A quick search of the room involved in the fire indicated no one was in the room and hotel management confirmed there was no guest registered in the room. The fire was quickly extinguished and all the residents were accounted for with no injuries. Several of the occupants from the hotel were relocated to other rooms at the hotel.
The cause of the fire had been ruled accidental. Lt. Andrew Waters with the Fire Investigation Division said the fire was most likely started by an electrical malfunction in the room where the fire was located.
The was estimated at around $10,000. No injuries were reported.
Hamilton County EMS and the Chattanooga Police Department provided assistance.