Neff, Azalee "Lee" Bray

Registered Nurse Worked At Diagnostic And Valley Hospitals And McCallie School

Saturday, March 09, 2013

Azalee Bray Neff "Lee", 86, died on February 18. 

She was born in Millport, Ala., to William and Kate Bray and was raised in Houlka, Ms. She graduated from Houlka High School and received her R.N. from the Methodist Hospital in Memphis. 

A resident of Chattanooga for 48 years, she worked at Diagnostic and Valley Hospitals and McCallie School. She was a member of St. Marks United Methodist Church.

Lee was predeceased by her husband, LCDR (r) John Ford Neff, her parents, sister Kate Jenkins, and brother James Bray. She is survived by her children John (Clara), Brad (Susan), and Nancy, grandchildren SSGT John (Stacy), SPEC Walther (Sonia), Jonathan (Linda) Hoag, great granddaughter Chelsea Hoag, siblings Willa Hand, Ann Olive (Denny Donovan), and Bill Bray (Rae), several nieces and nephews.

She was a loving wife, mother, grandmother, sister, and aunt who will be remembered for her gentle ways, gracious manner, and infinite kindness.  

The interment service will be on Friday, March 15, at 2 p.m. at the National Cemetery led by Reverend Christie Bonner. 

A memorial service celebrating Lee’s life will be Saturday, March 16, at 11 a.m. at St. Mark’s United Methodist with Dr. Angela Hardy Cross officiating.  

In lieu of flowers, please remember Lee with a contribution to the Humane Educational Society- Chattanooga.

Arrangements are by the North Chapel of Chattanooga Funeral Home, Crematory and Florist, 5401 Highway 153, Hixson, Tn.  

Please share your thoughts and memories at www.ChattanoogaNorthChapel.com.

 


Myers, Richard "Dick" E.

Richard "Dick" E. Myers, 78, of Collegedale, Tennessee died peacefully at home on April 19, 2014 after a long, courageous battle with Parkinson's. He was a member of the Collegedale Seventh-day Adventist Church. Richard was born in Cass County, Mi., on Nov. 13, 1935 to Alfred and Rosie Myers. In 1954, Dick graduated from Cedar Lake Academy where he met his future wife Donna ... (click for more)

Moneyham, Joseph Milbourn

Joseph Milbourn Moneyham, 69, of Rossville, died on Thursday, April 17, 2014. He was born in Lee County, Va., to the late Milbourne Moneyhamand Vera Copeland Allen, but had lived in the North Georgia area for most of his life. He was of the Christian faith and had worked as a welder for most of his life before retiring from C & E Machine Shop. He enjoyed fishing ... (click for more)

Stone, Reba Jean Higdon (Benton)

Reba Jean Higdon Stone, 80, of Benton, TN, passed away Friday, April 18, 2014.  She was a member of Old Ocoee Baptist Church. She was preceded in death by her parents, John and Easter Lousie Yates Higdon; husband, Luther Lee Stone; son, David W. Stone; daughter, Linda Marlene Stone Sanford; and granddaughter, Sheena Nicole Stone. She is survived by her children, John ... (click for more)

Densmore, Kenneth Paul (Dalton)

Kenneth Paul Densmore, 69, of Dalton, GA, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, surrounded by the people who loved him.  Kenneth was born July 2, 1944 in Brunswick, GA, to the late Fletcher and Lola Smith Densmore; and was also preceded in death by his brother, Billy Densmore.  He is survived by his wife of 32 years, Jennifer Densmore of the residence; sons and daughters-in-law, ... (click for more)

Man Shot On Cannon Avenue Early Saturday Morning

A man was shot early Saturday morning on Cannon Avenue. At approximately 5:30 a.m., Chattanooga Police responded to 2300 Cannon Ave. for shots fired.  Shortly after receiving the call, officers learned that a victim arrived at a local hospital.  The victim suffered a gunshot wound to the right leg and is undergoing treatment. The injury is not considered to be life-threatening.  ... (click for more)

Child Playing With Cigarette Lighter Starts $25,000 Mobile Home Fire

A child playing with a cigarette lighter started a mobile home fire on Saturday morning. At 9 a.m., the Chattanooga Fire Department responded to a mobile home fire at 6561 Cassie Lane. It took four fire companies about 10 minutes to get the fire under control. The fire was contained to one bedroom. No injuries were reported. Damage to the home is around $25,000. (click for more)