Moore, Vernon Stanley

Vietnam Veteran And Business Owner Held Several Patents

Saturday, February 09, 2013

Vernon Stanley Moore, 68, of Ringgold, Georgia died on Friday February 8, 2013. 

A lifelong resident of the North Georgia area, Vernon was born in LaFayette, Georgia and graduated from Berry High School. 

He was a veteran of the U.S. Army where he served in Vietnam and worked for Ernest Holmes for over 25 years. While with Ernest Holmes he designed and patented several items. After Holmes closed, Vernon started his own business VMX Service. He loved working on old cars and building hot rods with his son, Stanley. People would call from all around asking for information and parts. He loved to entertain people with stories. 

He was preceded in death by his parents, Wallace and Claudia West Moore; brother, Sammie Moore and sister, Sandra Moore. 

He is survived by his spouse, Linda Moore of Ringgold; two children, Stanley Moore of Ringgold, and Scarlett Farrow-Bell of Tracy, Ca., three stepsons, William Smith of Crossville, Tn., Charlie Smith of Florida and Terry Smith of Georgia; sister, Arlene Moore of Ringgold; three brothers, Glynn Moore of Martinez, Ga., Mike Moore of Chatsworth, Ga.., and Tim Moore of Clovis, New Mexico; 12 grandchildren, Courtney Farrow, Patrick Farrow, Stacy Mitchell, Shelbi Smith, Mallory Smith, Garrett Smith, Tara Smith, Kristofer Smith, Zack Smith, Zane Smith, Amber Smith and Megan Smith; one great-granddaughter, one great-great- granddaughter, several nieces and nephews. 

Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Tuesday, Feb.12, in the funeral home chapel with Pastor Roger Carnes officiating. Interment will follow at Anderson Memorial Gardens. 

The family will receive friends on Sunday, Feb. 10, from 2-9 p.m., and all day Monday and Tuesday until funeral time at the funeral home. 

Arrangements are by Wilson Funeral Home, Wallis-Stewart Chapel, Ringgold. 

An online register book may be signed at www.wilsonfuneralhome.com


Harp, Martha

Martha Harp died on Sunday, April 20, 2014. Arrangements are pending and will be announced by the South Crest Chapel of Lane Funeral Home and Crematory, Rossville. (click for more)

Roberts, Jesse

Jesse Carrol Roberts, 78, of Hixson, Tennessee, died on Sunday, April 20, 2014. Arrangements will be announced by the South Crest Chapel of Lane Funeral Home & Crematory, at the end of historic Missionary Ridge, Rossville.   (click for more)

Stone, Reba Jean Higdon (Benton)

Reba Jean Higdon Stone, 80, of Benton, TN, passed away Friday, April 18, 2014.  She was a member of Old Ocoee Baptist Church. She was preceded in death by her parents, John and Easter Lousie Yates Higdon; husband, Luther Lee Stone; son, David W. Stone; daughter, Linda Marlene Stone Sanford; and granddaughter, Sheena Nicole Stone. She is survived by her children, John ... (click for more)

Densmore, Kenneth Paul (Dalton)

Kenneth Paul Densmore, 69, of Dalton, GA, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, surrounded by the people who loved him.  Kenneth was born July 2, 1944 in Brunswick, GA, to the late Fletcher and Lola Smith Densmore; and was also preceded in death by his brother, Billy Densmore.  He is survived by his wife of 32 years, Jennifer Densmore of the residence; sons and daughters-in-law, ... (click for more)

Man Shot On Cannon Avenue Early Saturday Morning

A man was shot early Saturday morning on Cannon Avenue. At approximately 5:30 a.m., Chattanooga Police responded to 2300 Cannon Ave. for shots fired.  Shortly after receiving the call, officers learned that a victim arrived at a local hospital.  The victim suffered a gunshot wound to the right leg and is undergoing treatment. The injury is not considered to be life-threatening.  ... (click for more)

Child Playing With Cigarette Lighter Starts $25,000 Mobile Home Fire

A child playing with a cigarette lighter started a mobile home fire on Saturday morning. At 9 a.m., the Chattanooga Fire Department responded to a mobile home fire at 6561 Cassie Lane. It took four fire companies about 10 minutes to get the fire under control. The fire was contained to one bedroom. No injuries were reported. Damage to the home is around $25,000. (click for more)