One room suffered fire damage on Monday night at the Bestern Western motel in Brainerd.
At 11:39 p.m., the Chattanooga Fire Department responded to a reported commercial structure fire at 7641 Lee Highway. When the first arriving fire company arrived they made an investigation into the room where the fire was reported. They found the fire had been extinguished by an occupant from an adjoining room using a fire extinguisher.
Fire damage was limited to a small area of the room with damage estimated at $2,000.
The room was occupied at the time of the fire but no injuries were reported. The fire appears to have started from a short in an electrical cord going to the heating unit.