A request for membership from the new Chattanooga STEM School in the TSSAA was among the items on the agenda for a board of control meeting on Tuesday at Murfreesboro.
The school operates on the Chattanooga State campus.
The request was approved for the 2013-2014 school year.
Here is the agenda:
1. Roll Call
2. Approved Minutes of Last Meeting
3. Voted to Re-Elect Mike Reed as President and voted to Re-Elect Jerry Mathis as Vice-President.
4. Approved the Financial Report of the 2013 State Bowling Tournament
5. Approved the 2012 BlueCross Bowl Team Allotment Report
6. Voted to allow schools to play Hall of Champions games Monday through Saturday during the week which they are permitted on the calendar. Proceeds will be split 50/50 between the host school and TSSAA after expenses are paid. Currently, the TSSAA receives 75% of proceeds after expenses.
Supplement #3 contains the financial report of this year’s Hall of Champions games.
The staff would also like the Board to consider changing the percentage of proceeds sent to the state office and the first day these games may be played.
7. Approved STEM School Chattanooga Request for TSSAA Membership
STEM School Chattanooga is requesting to become a member of TSSAA beginning with the 2013-2014 school year. They plan to co-op only until their enrollment and interest increase.
8. Heard report regarding the closing of Bishop Byrne High School
9. Heard report regarding Riverside Christian Academy’s withdrawal from TSSAA Membership
Riverside Christian Academy will withdraw from the TSSAA at the end of this school year. Currently, they are only participating in basketball and baseball. The schools in their district and region have been notified.
10. Discussed which TSSAA Board of Control members would be in attendance for the roundtable discussion to be held at the TIAAA and Cheer Coaches’ Conferences.
11. Voted to accept staff recommendation in regards to Class AAA Wrestling Classification, with exception of moving Lawrence County to Region 5, where the currently are.
12. Voted to Extend Contract with A & M Products through 2017-2018 school year.
13. Voted to table the Golf Proposal Submitted by Farragut High School to allow on-course coaching to occur from green to tee between players and coaches until the June Board of Control meeting.