A home in Dallas Bay was damaged by fire on Wednesday.
A 911 call was made at 7:04 p.m., reporting a kitchen fire at 7325 Valley Lane Road in the Dallas Bay area.
The Dallas Bay Volunteer Fire Department responded and confirmed a kitchen fire. Firefighters worked quickly to extinguish the fire and contain it to the kitchen.
According to fire officials, Ray Davis, the homeowner, was cooking French fries on the stove and walked away for a moment. During that time, the grease caught fire and spread to the cabinets.
No injuries were reported, but Hamilton County EMS was on the scene for any potential injuries.
Chief Marcus Fritts, Dallas Bay VFD, reported the fire started from unattended cooking. Damages are listed at $5,000.
Mr. Davis was insured and will be staying with relatives.
- Photo2 by Brent McDonald, NewsChannel 9