Honorees Announced For Annual Doctors’ Day Salute
Monday, April 8, 2013
The Chattanooga-Hamilton County Medical Society, Medical Foundation of Chattanooga, Medical Alliance, and Project Access are recognizing local physicians by saluting 10 honorees for Doctors’ Day Appreciation. The honorees were selected from nominations submitted by local residents. The ten honorees are:
· Tracy Dozier, MD, Academic Internal Medicine
· Annesofie Dubeck, MD, Diagnostic Center
· Hunter Jennings, MD, Chattanooga Surgical Oncology & Associates
· Todd Levin, MD, Chattanooga Allergy Clinic
· Vincent Mejia, MD, University Surgical Associates
· Melissa Phillips, MD, TCFPA Family Medical Centers
· Philip Pollock, MD, Diagnostic Pathology Services
· Marty Scheinberg, MD, Plaza Urology
· Mark Thel, MD, Chattanooga Heart Institute
· Stephen Thomas, MD, Ophthalmologist
Patients submitted almost 70 nominations of Chattanooga-area physicians this year.
National Doctors’ Day provides a time for people to show appreciation to the doctors who care for them or their loved ones. The first Doctors’ Day observance was March 30, 1933, in Winder, Georgia, on the anniversary of the first use of general anesthetic in surgery. The U.S. House of Representatives adopted a resolution commemorating Doctors’ Day on March 30, 1958. In 1990, Congress established March 30 each year as the National Doctors’ Day.
This year’s observance also salutes the 700 volunteer physicians who care for low-income uninsured residents of our community through Project Access.