Life Care Centers of America gave its highest nursing honor to Mildrima Lim, director of nursing at Life Care Center of Yuma, Az., on Monday, April 22.
The Mary Denton Award – named for the Life Care resident depicted in the company’s logo – is presented annually to one director of nursing who best symbolizes the philosophy, mission and values of Life Care.
Ms. Lim has led her nursing team to achieve the best annual state inspection scores in the Yuma area. Her nursing department has one of the lowest turnover rates in the state, and she encourages and enables her nurses to grow their skills to serve higher-acuity patients.
Dedicated to her patients’ success, Ms. Lim gets to know them personally and follows through with their care even after they discharge from the facility.
The company also bestowed the Company-wide Director of Nursing of the Year Award on Nancy LaRock from Life Care Center of Nashoba Valley in Littleton, Mass. She was praised for leading her team to achieve three deficiency-free state inspections, accreditation by The Joint Commission and several years of five-star status from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Ms. LaRock never hesitates to serve the residents, whether it be starting an IV or changing bed linens. She has even served at a sister facility as interim director of nursing during a time of transition.
“Mildrima Lim and Nancy LaRock represent the pinnacle of their profession,” said Beecher Hunter, Life Care president.
“The highest ideals of nursing leadership are demonstrated by their daily actions. Our company is blessed to have them, and the real beneficiaries of their talents and their love are our residents.”
These two awards were highlights of an evening honoring performance excellence at Life Care Centers of America’s corporate headquarters in Cleveland, Tenn.
Divisional Director of Nursing of the Year awards were given to seven other individuals:
• Carol Slupianek – Life Care Center of Elkhorn, Neb., for the Central Division
• Tammy Hiott – Life Care Center of Charleston, S.C., for the Eastern Division
• Kelly Silva – Hale Anuenue Restorative Care Center of Hilo, Hawaii, for the Mountain States Division
• Mary Ellen Forster – Life Care Center of the North Shore in Lynn, Mass., for the Northeast Division
• Joan Broadwell – Life Care Center of McMinnville, Ore., for the Northwest Division
• Wendy Kelley – Life Care Center of Punta Gorda, Fla., for the Southeast Division
• Lindsay Sanchez – Life Care Center of Bountiful, Utah, for the Southwest Division