The 10th annual Luau at First Lutheran Church, 2800 McCallie Ave., will be Saturday, July 27, at the church camp, 1621 Lee Pike, Soddy-Daisy.
A signup sheet will be available Sunday at the church.
June 23, 2016
June 21, 2016
Have you heard of the so-called “80:20 Rule”? It’s the notion that in nearly every organization, about 80 percent of the work is done by 20 percent of the people. Meaning, of course, the other ... (click for more)
Pastor Mitch McClure of Middle Valley Church of God will speak on the topic, 'It Is Worth The Fight To Keep Our Weapons!' in the 10:30 a.m. service this Sunday. ... (click for more)
Men have a peculiar weight on our shoulders. Biblically, it’s our responsibility to lead our families and our societies in obedience to Christ. Much of our present cultural climate is caused ... (click for more)
Have you heard of the so-called “80:20 Rule”? It’s the notion that in nearly every organization, about 80 percent of the work is done by 20 percent of the people. Meaning, of course, the other 80 percent of the folks perform only 20 percent of the work. I suppose some consider it their labor-saving strategy. Apparently this has been documented by statistical methodology, but ... (click for more)
Pastor Mitch McClure of Middle Valley Church of God will speak on the topic, 'It Is Worth The Fight To Keep Our Weapons!' in the 10:30 a.m. service this Sunday. This is part of a new sermon series titled 'Some Things Are Worth Fighting For.' This sermon series will focus on the need for Christians to energize their life in such ... (click for more)
The family of legendary Lady Vol coach Pat Summitt was at her bedside on Sunday. Erin Freeman, of the Pat Summitt Foundation, released this statement: “On behalf of Pat Summitt’s family, we acknowledge the past few days have been difficult for Pat as her early onset dementia, ‘Alzheimer’s Type,’ progresses. "She is surrounded by those who mean the most to her and during ... (click for more)
Chattanooga firefighters were called to a fire at the city's wood recycling center on N. Hawthorne Street around noon on Sunday. Battalion Chief Don Bowman said the smoke and flames could be seen from several miles away. Firefighters with five fire companies worked to get the blaze under control, using master streams from two aerials and some hand-held hoselines. The ... (click for more)
I am writing this letter to bring to your attention to a city traffic issue that needs to be addressed immediately, the sooner the better. I can see no large cost factor. Recently, while as a concerned citizen, removing trash and litter from the entry/exit area of the Wilcox Tunnel on the side that runs into Chamberlain Avenue, I fully realized that this area could ... (click for more)
George Will, easily one of the most respected conservative columnists in America and a Republican commentator, was a guest on Fox News Sunday yesterday when he made a very revealing statement. He announced he has left the Republican Party “for the same reason I joined it” and that he is not only disappointed by the party’s actions but its increasingly-inept leadership as well. ... (click for more)