A fire did extensive damage to a house at 815 Mountain Creek Road on Sunday morning.
Firefighters were dispatched around 9:30 a.m. Captain Michael Thomas with Quint 17 said smoke was visible when they arrived on the scene.
As additional fire companies arrived, the firefighters found the fire in a back room where the electrical panel was located. Captain Thomas said the fire had penetrated into the attic before they could get the fire under control. The loss was estimated at $100,000.
The family got out of the house unharmed. Volunteers with the American Red Cross of Southeast Tennessee were called in to provide assistance to the family. Captain Thomas said the cause of the fire is being ruled accidental, most likely from an electrical malfunction.