Memorial Hospital Hixson is hosting an open house on Thursday, Sept. 19, from 2–6 p.m. A dedication ceremony will be held at 2:30 p.m. Guests may tour the intensive care unit and emergency department, listen to physician lectures, participate in free health screenings, watch healthy cooking demonstrations, and learn about Memorial Lifeline’s personal emergency response system.
Educational sessions will be held every 30 minutes beginning at 3 p.m.:
· “Your Best Chance – Controlling Your Cardiac Disease Risk Factors” with Robert K. Berglund, M.D.
· “Laparoscopic Colon Resection” with Charles A. Portera, Jr., M.D.
· “Thyroid Cancer, Benign Thyroid Disease, and Hyperparathyroidism” with W. Heath Giles, M.D.
· “Advances in Breast Cancer Treatments” with Betsy J. Washburn, M.D.
· “Bladder Control Therapy” with Ross A. Cohn, M.D.
· “General Surgery” with G. Thomas Gilmore, M.D.
Key screenings will include:
· Blood Pressure
· Osteoporosis Screening
· Peripheral Artery Disease (PAD) Screening
· Balance Screening
· Mole Patrol provided by Susong Associates
Door prize drawings to include a $250 gift certificate, a year’s subscription to Lifeline, and an Apple iPad.