Grace Episcopal Church Plans First Annual Fall Festival

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Grace Episcopal Church, 20 Belvoir Ave., will hold it's first annual fall festival and fundraiser, Spirits in the Garden, Saturday night,  Oct. 26 , with wine, stories and h'aints. 

They will block off the upper parking lot, set a wine bar up in the pavilion, insert a bonfire in the parking lot, and let EYC conduct 'The Haunted Courtyard.'  There will also be a S'mores station, three costumed story-telling stations (ghost stories, of course, all set near Grace), a hot dog bar, other beverages, and light appetizers for non-hot-doggers. 

Tickets will be $25/per adult, which allows three glasses of wine and all food offered, and $5 for children 12 and under (which allows hot dogs but no wine), with a $50 family max.


Bridge Christian Church To Host Free Family Movie Series

Bridge Christian Church announces its sixth annual family movie series, Movies in the Park at Dark, at Heritage Park.  The first movie will be shown on Friday, Aug. 11 and chronicles the lives of animals and a mystery they try to solve in the city of Zootopia.    The second event takes place on Saturday, Sept. 30.  The blockbuster is about a former scientist ... (click for more)

Mitch McClure To Speak On "I Might Ought To Live A Little Differently" On Sunday

Middle Valley Church of God announced that Pastor Mitch McClure will speak on the topic, "I Might Ought To Live A Little Differently" at the 10:30 a.m.  service on  Sunday .     Pastor Mitch McClure will lead the congregation in a time of prayer and worship on  Sunday, at 6:30 p.m.   All are invited to participate ... (click for more)

Fire Causes #32,000 In Damage To Ooltewah Home

Tri-Community Volunteer Fire Department (VFD) battled a house fire at 4137 E. Freemond Circle (Ooltewah) early Saturday afternoon. At  12:52 p.m. , a 911 call was made reporting a fire in the basement of her home. Tri-Community VFD responded and arrived on the scene reporting heavy smoke coming from the basement of the home. Firefighters worked quickly to contained ... (click for more)

Fire On Rogers Road Temporarily Leaves 2 Families Homeless

An early morning duplex fire left two Chattanooga families temporarily homeless.   The Chattanooga Fire Department received the alarm at  3:01 a.m. on Saturday  and responded to 4513 Rogers Road with five fire companies. Battalion Chief Rick Boatwright said the first arriving firefighters located the fire in the kitchen of the "A" side of the duplex. ... (click for more)

Do Something To Protect Our Children

It is unconscionable in this day and age that these children had to exist in such deplorable conditions and that an innocent baby suffered and died alone in a locked car.  Yes, there is blame and accountability considering this family had child neglect charges filed a few years ago (that were apparently dropped and expunged) and a large part of the responsibility should ... (click for more)

Roy Exum: My Dear Friend Jake

Two weeks ago four of us piled in a car to go down to Canton, Ga., so we could tell Jake Butcher goodbye. Bob McKamey, former mayor Ron Littlefield, a dazzling guy named Steve Wilson, and myself. This would be the last time any of us would see Jake. It was a spectacular day and anyone who doesn’t believe in such goodbyes is missing out on the greatest moment in their life. It is ... (click for more)