BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee has launched its first member mobile application designed to meet the growing need for convenient mobile access to health care information. With the myBlue TN app, members can easily and quickly reach their health care information on the go.
“Our members told us they need an app that makes it easier for them to make health care decisions while on the go – at the pharmacy, doctor’s office or whenever they need it,” said Carla Raynor, vice president of strategic marketing. “So we created a tool that specifically addresses the needs for convenient access to health care details as well as the ability to quickly find doctors or other important services.”
BlueCross members can simply sign in to access in-network physicians, urgent care facilities and pharmacies based on location. They also can see how much they still owe on a deductible plus check a claim or access their mobile ID card. Members can also register for BlueAccess, the online member portal, from within the application to gain access to its full feature set including:
· Access a digital version of the member ID card
· Find an in-network doctor or facility, then easily call or map to their location
· Search by location to find the closest in-network urgent care center
· Look up and save doctor and pharmacy contact information for easy access
· Check balances, claims and benefit information including deductibles and copays
The myBlue TN app is available for download in the Apple App Store and Google Play.
You can view a video demonstration of the new app at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUNWJM99Ac0.