'Athlete' Neiko Creamer Cleared By NCAA, Joins Vol Football Team
Son Of Former Tennessee Standout Andre Creamer A 3-Star Prospect
Saturday, January 11, 2014
- by Special to Chattanoogan.com
Neiko Creamer has joined the Tennessee football team after being cleared for admission by the NCAA.
- photo by Tennessee Athletics
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – Tennessee freshman Neiko Creamer, a highly rated “athlete” from Wilmington, Del., has been cleared by the NCAA and is enrolled in school, coach Butch Jones announced Saturday.
Creamer is the son of former Vol Andre Creamer, who played at Tennessee from 1984-87.
0001pt; background-color: white;">
Freshman • Athlete • 6-3 • 223
Wilmington, Del. /Eastern Christian Academy (Md.)
247 Sports: 3-star (No. 58 athlete, No. 18 prospect in Maryland)
ESPN: 3-star (No. 121 wide receiver, No. 20 prospect in Maryland)
Rivals: 3-star (No. 29 athlete, No. 15 prospect in Maryland)
Scout: 3-star (No. 33 tight end)
Coach Zach Azzanni on Creamer: "Neiko is a big athlete that can do a variety of things. He loves the game and understands Tennessee football. We are excited to have him as a part of what we are building."
At Eastern Christian Academy
• Played at Eastern Christian Academy in Elkton, Maryland for coach Dwayne Thomas
• Named Second Team All-State as a senior wide receiver
• Helped Honey Badgers to 9-3 record as a senior
• Also played basketball for the Honey Badgers
• Full Name: Neiko Donovan Creamer
• Born on March 5, 1995
• Son of Tawana and Andre Creamer
• Father Andre was a four-year letterman for the Vols from 1984-87, making 120 tackles and recording six interceptions as a defensive back; also starred as a punt returner at UT
(E-mail Larry Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org)