The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga women’s tennis team opened the 2014 spring dual season with a 7-0 sweep at Austin Peay this afternoon. The Mocs took all 10 matches in the dual, improving to 10-2 all-time against the Governors.
UTC swept the doubles point and did not drop more than three games in any of the three matches. Senior Alexa Flynn and sophomore Kelsey Coots set the tone with their 6-2 win over Jovana Karac and Vanessa Tavares at No. 2. The women are playing doubles matches to six games on a preliminary basis in non-conference action.
Junior Kaylene Chadwell and sophomore Kayla Jones also scored a 6-2 win at No. 1 while junior Claire Mulyadi and sophomore Jovana Pecovski won 6-3 at No. 3.
Singles play was more of the same with UTC not dropping a set in any of the six matches. Flynn was first off the court with her (6-4, 6-0) win over Tavares at No. 3. Jones followed with a (6-2, 6-1) win at No. 1 and Chadwell closed the door with a (6-0, 6-1) win at No. 2.
Chattanooga 7, Austin Peay 0
1. Kayla Jones/Kaylene Chadwell (UTC) def. Andra Cornea/Ornella Di Salvo (APSU) - 6-2
2. Kelsey Coots/Alexa Flynn (UTC) def. Jovana Karac/Vanessa Tavares (APSU) - 6-2
3. Claire Mulyadi/Jovana Pecovski (UTC) def. Isabella Jovanovic/Hannah Tatlock (APSU) - 6-3
1. Kayla Jones (UTC) def. Andra Cornea (APSU) - 6-2, 6-1
2. Kaylene Chadwell (UTC) def. Ornella Di Salvo (APSU) - 6-0, 6-1
3. Alexa Flynn (UTC) def. Vanessa Tavares (APSU) - 6-4, 6-0
4. Kelsey Coots (UTC) def. Jovana Karac (APSU) - 6-2, 6-3
5. Claire Mulyadi (UTC) def. Isabella Jovanovic (APSU) - 6-0, 6-1
6. Alison Storie (UTC) def. Hannah Tatlock (APSU) - 6-2, 6-1