Chattanooga firefighters rushed to a reported barn fire in the Highland Park neighborhood around 3 p.m. Wednesday afternoon.
When the first firefighters arrived at 1609 S. Beech Street, they found a shed fully engulfed in flames. Captain John Ives with Engine 5 said the flames were threatening to spread to a house, just a few feet away.
Using hand-held hoselines, Chattanooga firefighters put the fire out in a few short minutes. No injuries were reported. Captain Ives said the heat from the shed fire caused some minor damage to the exterior of the house.
The cause of the fire appears to be accidental. The homeowner told Captain Ives that he had placed a light bulb in the shed to help keep his dogs warm. Captain Ives said the light bulb was the likely ignition source for the fire.
Click here to watch video.
For the firefighters, the priority was saving the house, which was just a few feet away from the shed.