A family on Walden's Ridge using a wood stove to keep warm caught their house on fire early Saturday morning.
At 2:15 a.m., Lone Oak Volunteer Fire Department responded to a possible house fire at 1755 Highway 127. When the first unit arrived on the scene, they reported no visible signs of smoke or fire. Firefighters entered the home to find the homeowner trying to extinguish the fire in the den.
Lone Oak VFD Assistant Chief, Brandon Miller reported the wood stove was being used as a heat source for the home. Flames broke loose from the wood stove and caught the interior wall on fire and traveled into the attic. Firefighters extinguished the fire and contained it to the den and attic.
Lone Oak VFD requested a Mutual Aid response for additional manpower. Walden's Ridge Emergency Services responded to the scene.
Damages are listed at $10,000.