A fire call was received Wednesday at approximately 10:12 a.m. at 5828 Rocky Branch Road (Walden) on Signal Mountain. The complainant advised 911 a kerosene heater exploded in the garage area of the home. Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office Deputy David McCann was dispatched and arrived just before the Walden Ridge Volunteer Fire Department.
Deputy McCann observed the homeowner trying to drag the heater outside to the driveway and away from the home. Deputy McCann used a fire extinguisher he carries as part of his equipment to put the fire out.
Walden Ridge Volunteer Fire Department checked the home for further damage while Hamilton County Emergency Medical Services checked the homeowner who suffered a flash burn on his arm from the initial fire.
- Photo2 by Brent McDonald