The Georgia Department of Labor (GDOL) is helping Mattex USA, a carpet backings producer, recruit a large number of employees for its manufacturing facility expected to open soon in Murray County. The Mattex Group is a Dubai-based textile manufacturer that plans to open its first manufacturing facility outside the Middle East in Eton this year.
While the mass recruitment for Mattex USA is set for March 5 in Chatsworth, the GDOL is helping the company recruit applicants for some upper-level jobs to be filled immediately.
The positions include an information technology (IT) administrator, a weaving and beaming department manager, a manager for the extrusion department, multi-craft maintenance technicians, and maintenance mechanics.
- The IT administrator must have a Bachelor of Science degree and a minimum of two years of experience in network administration.
- The manager of the weaving and beaming department must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, a technical knowledge of the weaving and beaming process, and at least five years of experience in the industry.
- The manager of the extrusion department must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, have a technical knowledge of tape yarn extrusion, and have at least five years of experience in the industry.
- The multi-craft maintenance technicians must have at least three years of experience in troubleshooting and correcting PLC and drive-controlled machine malfunctions, at least three years experience in production machine-shop maintenance and working with 110 and 480 volt electrical circuits, and at least three years experience maintaining process control systems.
- The maintenance mechanics must have at least one year of experience in production machine-shop maintenance and working with 110 and 480 volt electrical circuits and must have a working knowledge of electrical schematics.
To get more information and apply for the jobs, applicants should go to the GDOL website at www.employgeorgia.com
, click on the Find A Job link, click on the link to Georgia Job Openings, and enter the appropriate job order number.
The job order numbers are as follows: IT administrator, 8143367; weaving and beaming department manager, 8153564; extrusion department manager, 8153565; multi-craft maintenance technicians, 8157328; and maintenance mechanics, 8157354.
Also, applicants may contact or apply at the GDOL’s Dalton Career Center at 1406 Chattanooga Ave., or any other GDOL career center.
A large number of production jobs will be filled at a mass recruitment on March 5 in Chatsworth. Additional information about the mass recruitment will be announced soon.