The Chattanooga Fire Department responded to a reported kitchen fire at 1715 Vine St. at 9:30 p.m. on Friday.
It took four fire companies about 10 minutes to get the fire under control.
When the first companies arrived, there was no smoke or flames visible from the house, according to Captain Randy Steele of Engine 5. Upon further investigation, the crews found that the kitchen was on fire. Everyone at home was able to exit the house safely. No one was injured.
The owner stated that she was cooking at the time of the fire. The cause has been ruled accidental, most likely from food being left unattended on the stove.
The fire was contained to the kitchen area and damages are estimated at $20,000.
Firefighters from Engine 5, Ladder 5, Quint 1 & 2 responded to this fire. They were assisted by the CPD, HCEMS and EPB.