Hilton Head, SC – On a day that was originally set aside for exhibition doubles matches, the Dalton State men’s tennis team was able to add a last minute contest with Malone University from Canton, Oh.
The Roadrunners (7-2) defeated the NCAA Division II Pioneers (1-7) Monday afternoon, 8-1. The lone Malone win was at number six singles where Vladyslay Dyenyezka knocked off Noah Cleary 8-3.
“Our guys played great today,” said Dalton State coach Zach Rogers. “They were focused from the first ball today and came away with another big win against a D-2 opponent.”
1. Nikolay Nikiforov/Adam Hornby (DS) def. Youesseb ElSonbaty/Puneet Sharma (MU) 8-2
2. Lucas de Souza/Juan Pablo Arguello (DS) def. Andrew Hill/Steffan Dwarkasingh (MU) 8-2
3. David Draghiceanu/Hadyn Fava (DS) def. Brett Krejol/Trevor Bowers (MU) 8-3
1. Nikiforov (DS def. Youessef ElSonbaty (MU) 6-4, 6-4
2. Souza (DS) def. Bowers (MU) 7-5, 6-0
3. Hornby (DS) def. Dwarkasingh (MU) 6-1, 6-2
4. Arguello (DS) Sharma (MU) 6-2, 6-1
5. Fava (DS) def. Scott Glasgow (MU) 6-1, 6-0
6. Dyenyezka (MU) def. Cleary (DS) 8-3