It is hard for me to understand how anyone could ask what Congressman Fleishmann has accomplished, particularly a military veteran. Congressman Fleishmann was instrumental in the opening of three new VA centers in the third district. He is obviously in strong support of veterans. He took great care of his father, a WWII veteran. Chuck has done much good for the third district. Anyone who questions that should check online as I have. Chuck is a staunch conservative with a strong conservative voting record and a successful self made man.
It is also hard for me to understand how Weston Wamp, a man so young, with limited lifetime experiences, could represent the Third District. All indications are that Weston is little more than a puppet directed and financed by his father. Zach was not re-elected for a reason.
Vietnam Era Grunt
* * *
Mr. Mann, Zach didn't run for the House of Representatives four years ago. He ran for governor of Tennessee.
* * *
First: I want to thank you Ralph Mann for your service to our country. Wherever you served, you stepped up to the plate on behalf of our country. That deserves to be recognized.
Foremost: You need to know the truth. We are only 47 days out from the primary to decide who we will send forward to the general election in November. Let me list some truths regarding your post.
1) Chuck was not as effective as he claims on getting VA clinics in McMinn, Roane and Campbell Counties. Much of this was in the plan before he ever got elected. Just days before the last election he brought officials in from D.C. to promise a VA hospital in Roane. It didn’t happen and caused more disappointment than satisfaction among the veterans in those counties.
2) Veterans have complained about not being able to reach Chuck to express their needs and concerns. When the government shut down for two weeks, Chuck thought this meant he had to shut down. He voted twice to shut the government down and then wouldn’t respond to veterans during this two week period.
3) I give you the statement that “Chuck is a successful self made man.” I’ll also remind you that his success was built on the back of those who could not pay some/all of their bills. People need to pay what they owe, that’s of given. But truth is that not all can. His success was built by extracting whatever he could out of these people. That’s the life job he chose to do.
4) “All indications are Weston is little more than a puppet directed and financed by his father?” Please take your head out of the sand to go to the public record of who is financing who. Weston has raised much more money from many individuals such as myself who want to be represented in D.C. Chuck has raised much of his money from PACs who want to be represented in D.C. but have little regard to what is best for all of us. Public record.
5) You are correct that Zach was not re-elected for a reason. At best that is a week innuendo. Zach did not run for re-election because he ran for governor for the great state of Tennessee.
We can no longer afford to not to be represented in the Third District. During this entire campaign you, Chucks finance person and anyone else who has said Chuck has accomplished so much have failed miserably to point out what he has done other than be good to his father. I do like that he was good to his father but I want more. I want Weston Wamp because he is a strong candidate and can run circles around the incumbent. Remembering that Thomas Jefferson was age 32 when he wrote the Declaration of Independence, yes, I want this energetic go get-um young man, Weston Wamp
J. Pat Williams