Chattanooga Coca-Cola Bottling, a division of Coca-Cola Bottling Company United (CCBCU), will break ground on the company’s new state-of-the-art distribution and sales facility.
The ceremony will mark the company’s 115th anniversary of doing business in Chattanooga – the day it launched the very first Coca-Cola bottling operation in the world.
The expansion represents a $62 million investment, resulting in 43 new jobs and the revitalization of a former industrial property that will breathe new life into the surrounding community.
Remarks will be made by:
· Ron Harr, President & CEO, Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce
· Darren Hodges, Division V.P., Coca-Cola Bottling Company United
· Mayor Andy Berke, City of Chattanooga
· Mayor Jim Coppinger, Hamilton County
· Claude Nielsen, CEO, Coca-Cola Bottling Company United
It will be at 10 a.m. at 2129 West Shepherd Road (former Olan Mills site near Highway 153).
Enter from West Shepherd Road and follow signs. Parking will be available in a lot adjacent to the site. Click HERE for directions.