PEF, Benwood and HCDE in collaboration with CO.LAB will host the first Teacherpreneur 48Hour Launch August 1-3. More than 20 teams of Hamilton County teachers will gather during the weekend at Society of Work to develop pitches for their innovative education ideas. The culminating Teacherpreneur 48Hour Launch Pitch Event showcasing these innovative pitches will be Sunday at 4 p.m. at Church on Main.
The Teacherpreneur Incubator is designed to provide support, time and space for teachers to incubate big ideas and execute them in the best interests of both their students, their profession and our community. Entrepreneurs transform challenges into business opportunities. Teacherpreneurs do the same for our schools. The Incubator provides both financial and community support to launch these transformative ideas. The community can get involved in the following ways:
1. Attend Teacherpreneur 48Hour Launch Weekend- August 1-3. Come and join us at Society of Work to support the teacher teams as they develop their pitches. You don’t have to stay the whole weekend- join us when you can.
2. Host a Workshop or Office Hours during the 48Hour Launch. Lead a workshop during the weekend on your area of expertise, including presentation coaching, design, building a budget and more! Or be available to consult with teams during office hours.
3. Join us for the Teacherpreneur 48Hour Launch Pitch Event- August 3, 4 p.m. The free Pitch Event is open to the public, and we are looking for a great crowd as the teacher teams showcase their ideas.
4. Join a Team. Support a Teacherpreneur team by donating your time expertise. You don’t have to be at the 48Hour Launch weekend to get involved.
5. Donate a Prize. We need an assortment of donated business services and stuff to help the teacherpreneurs succeed.
Contact Keri Randolph at PEF for more information, 668-2426 or email@example.com.