Fire officials said fireworks started a blaze at a vacant house on Third Avenue late Friday.
At 11:05 p.m., the Chattanooga Fire Department responded to a structure fire at 3101 Third Avenue. It took four fire companies less than 15 minutes to get the fire under control.
When Engine 9 firefighters arrived on the scene they found smoke coming from the front of the house.
Fire officials said, "The home was vacant at the time and no one was injured.
"The fire is under investigation. However, it has been determined that the fire was started by fireworks."
Damages were estimated at $10,000.